The humor code : a global search for what makes things funny / Peter McGraw, PhD, and Joel Warner.
- 2 of 2 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 2 of 2 copies available at Scenic Regional and Washington Public.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Scenic Regional-Union||152.43 MCG (Text)||3004772825||NonFiction||Available||-|
|Scenic Regional-Warren County||152.43 MCG (Text)||300478940+||NonFiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781451665413 (hardcover : alk. paper) :
- ISBN: 1451665415 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: xv, 239 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Simon & Schuster hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York, NY : Simon & Schuster, 2014.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (pages -226) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| Colorado : set-up -- Los Angeles : who is funny? -- New York : how do you make funny? -- Tanzania : why do we laugh? -- Japan : when is comedy lost in translation? -- Scandinavia : does humor have a dark side? -- Palestine : can you find humor where you least expect it? -- The Amazon : is laughter the best medicine? -- Montreal : punch line.
|Summary, etc.:|| Part road-trip comedy and part social science experiment, a scientist and a journalist travel the globe to discover the secret behind what makes things funny, questioning countless experts, including Louis C.K., along the way.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Wit and humor > Psychological aspects.