The humor code : a global search for what makes things funny / Peter McGraw, PhD, and Joel Warner.
- 2 of 2 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 2 of 2 copies available at Scenic Regional and Washington Public.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Scenic Regional-Union||152.43 MCG (Text)||3004772825||NonFiction||Available||-|
|Scenic Regional-Warren County||152.43 MCG (Text)||300478940+||NonFiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781451665413 (hardcover : alk. paper) :
- ISBN: 1451665415 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: xv, 239 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Simon & Schuster hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York, NY : Simon & Schuster, 2014.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (pages -226) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| Colorado : set-up -- Los Angeles : who is funny? -- New York : how do you make funny? -- Tanzania : why do we laugh? -- Japan : when is comedy lost in translation? -- Scandinavia : does humor have a dark side? -- Palestine : can you find humor where you least expect it? -- The Amazon : is laughter the best medicine? -- Montreal : punch line.
|Summary, etc.:|| Part road-trip comedy and part social science experiment, a scientist and a journalist travel the globe to discover the secret behind what makes things funny, questioning countless experts, including Louis C.K., along the way.
Search for related items by subject
Wit and humor >