Ocean : the definitive visual guide / Robert Dinwiddie and others, American Museum of Natural History editors.
The power and wonder of the ocean is as strong today as ever, with new expeditions to its depths, and new discoveries beneath melting ice, in developing reefs, and on shores around the world. To celebrate, we are releasing a second edition of Ocean, with the latest scientific research, coverage of major events like Superstorm Sandy and the Fukushima tsunami, and new graphics and images. Ocean includes an atlas of the world's oceans and seas compiled using satellite data, brand-new 3-D Earth modeling, and remarkable photography of the marine world that explores the interaction between people and the ocean environment. From the geological and physical processes that affect the ocean floor to the key habitat zones, flora, and fauna, this is the definitive reference to the world's oceans.
- ISBN: 1465419683
- ISBN: 9781465419682
- ISBN: 9780744051704
- Physical Description: 512 pages : color illustrations, color maps. ; 31 cm
- Edition: Revised edition.
- Publisher: New York : DK Pub., 2014.
"American Museum of Natural History."
Publisher, publishing date and paging may vary.
Search for related items by subject
- 11 of 13 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 2 of 2 copies available at Scenic Regional.
- 1 current hold with 13 total copies.