The maniac / Benjamin Labatut.
"A story centered around one of the great geniuses of the modern age, the Hungarian polymath John von Neumann, tracing the uncanny circuit of his mind deep into our own time's most haunting dilemmas. A prodigy whose gifts terrified the people around him, John von Neumann transformed every field he touched, inventing game theory and the first programable computer, and pioneering AI, digital life, and cellular automata. Through a chorus of family members, friends, colleagues, and rivals, Labatut shows us the evolution of a mind unmatched and of a body of work that has unmoored the world in its wake."-- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9780593654477
- ISBN: 0593654471
- Physical Description: 354 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Publisher: New York : Penguin Press, 2023.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Von Neumann, John, 1903-1957 > Fiction.
Mathematicians > Fiction.
Artificial intelligence > Fiction.
- 4 of 5 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 2 of 2 copies available at Scenic Regional.
- 0 current holds with 5 total copies.